Monday, July 27, 2009

Last Week

I can't believe it's already my last week in Europe. In exactly one week I will be back home enjoying the comforts of my couch, my shower and my bed. Not to mention my husband. I am ready for it. It's been a great summer, but I'm tired and homesick. I'm over Europe.

Don't get me wrong, though, Europe has been awesome. I have had a wonderful time, and I've met some cool people and seen some cool things. As the ever-observant Cooper says in the movie "Eurotrip," - "They've got really old stuff here." I've got some great pictures and some good memories. I couldn't ask for more.

On top of that I got 8 credits - all of which apply towards my specification of International Law, so that's pretty cool. I took some interesting classes and some not so interesting.

This past weekend was pretty cool too. We drove to Narbonne - a southern beach in France, and swam in the Mediterranean Sea. The drive was beautiful - we passed all sorts of vineyards, and sunflower fields, and saw really old buildings. At the beach there was a Sunny Delight promotion going on - they were releasing two new tropical flavors, so they were giving out free samples. But even better, there was a DJ at the beach spinning some good music. After every song he would extol the virtues of Sunny Delight. Sometimes he would freestyle and rap about it - "Sunny Delight, everything gonna be alright!" It was great.

The beach was beautiful and the sand was so soft. The water was fantastic - nice and warm and extra salty which made it easy to float in. The only complaint I had was the wind. It was so freaking windy. When I got home that night I washed my hair twice to get all the sand out of it. It took 6 q-tips to get the sand out of my ears that night. The next day it took another two q-tips per ear. But it was worth it.

After the beach we drove to Carcasonne. There is a really old, really big castle there. There were a lot of cool shops and things to look at there. There was a torture museum and a jousting show. It was pretty cool. Then we took the scenic route home and drove past even more vineyards and sunflower fields. We stopped at one sunflower field and took some pictures. Freaking sweet. But we only used someone else's camera, so I've got to get the pics from him.

The plan for the week is to live cheap. I've got some food to eat in my room. There are a couple events this week that will include free food, so that's cool. On Wednesday we're taking a field trip to the Pyrenees mountains. I think the trip also includes a visit to a cheese factory and a mohair factory. So that should be interesting - and random. Thursday is my Human Rights final and my last IP class. That means we'll be going out for our big final bash on Thursday night, which should be fun - I think I'll get really dressed up - cuz why not? That leaves Friday for packing.

My plane leaves here for London on Friday evening. I will be staying in London for the weekend, and my trip home to LAX is on Monday, August 3. I'm not sure what I'll do in London this weekend. I heard there's a legal tour that I can do, but it may only be available on weekdays. I think I'll just walk around and maybe find a park to hang out in, eat in pubs and just chill. It will be nice.

I don't feel especially clever or witty right now, so I think I'm going to end this. Here's to Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment